Join the Downstream & Chemicals Graduate Development Program
Chevron's Downstream & Chemicals Graduate Development Program attracts MBA graduates from top-tier universities who are enthusiastic about professional development and aspire to work in a quickly changing and challenging industry. The two-year program offers the opportunity to broaden critical skills, receive mentoring from senior managers and expand your knowledge of our global businesses. After completing the program's four rotations, you will have gained experience and connections that can keep you in high demand across all our business units. Accelerate your career at Chevron by joining the Downstream & Chemicals Graduate Development Program.
Who We Hire
- Show demonstrated leadership, creativity, initiative, adaptability and diversity awareness.
- Exhibit sound analytical skills and quickly achieve results.
- Thrive in a flexible, collaborative, team-based work environment.
- Have a strong desire to explore a variety of business areas.
- Develop creative and innovative solutions to complex business outcomes.
- Aspire to become senior-level managers and have strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Are results-driven, strategic thinkers with proven financial acumen.
- Are geographically flexible and can relocate to complete assignments and rotations.
- Have an MBA degree and three to five years of work experience between undergraduate and graduate studies.
What You'll Do
The two-year program consists of four rotational assignments. Rotations are designed to introduce participants to the entire value chain of our Downstream businesses, from product development to direct customer interaction. Each rotation offers the opportunity to develop capabilities that are vital to our Downstream & Chemicals businesses as well as enhancing your leadership and management skills. Your successes in the program will help build our company's future growth.
Rotational assignments may include:
- Sales and Marketing - You will work directly with customers and gain understanding of our brand and product management through the lubricant and retail and franchise fuel operations.
- Value Chain Optimization - You will learn about our supply chains, with the goal of maximizing enterprise value of the crude to customer value chain.
- Strategy Development - You will be actively involved in business development strategies and project planning.
There is no pre-established sequence for these rotations. Participants partner with dedicated program managers and mentors who help guide their career paths based on interests, development areas and business needs.
Where You'll Work
We look for individuals who are willing to relocate for different assignments within or outside the United States. Most of the rotational assignments are located in the San Francisco Bay Area or Houston, Texas.
How to Apply
Find us on campus or at one of the professional conferences we attend. Our Recruiting Events calendar has all the details.