M.B.A. "People in the Program"
Dwight | Shimi | Laura | Jessica |
M.B.A., University of California, Berkeley (Finance and Energy), 2010
A.B., Princeton University (Economics), 2002
Investor Relations (San Ramon, CA)
- Developed CEO and CFO presentation materials for the annual Security Analyst meeting.
- Conducted analysis and created presentation materials for the Investor Relations quarterly earnings call.
Chevron Global Upstream and Gas (Luanda, Angola)
Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) Financial Analyst
- Led a project team to design and implement an efficient set of accounting and reporting processes for Chevron's equity stake in Angola LNG Ltd. (ALNG), a large scale LNG plant with commercial start-up
expected in the second half of 2012.
- Determined U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) adjustments required to record and track Chevron's investment in ALNG. Analyzed and reported ongoing financial results.
- Created the financial model for the 2012 ALNG business plan and worked with asset team to implement and deliver the plan.
Global Downstream Financial Analysis (San Ramon, California)
- Embedded in negotiation team for the implementation of a joint venture to expand and operate a large terminal complex in Panama by selling assets to and partnering with a world-class terminal operator.
- Advised on joint venture transaction documents and negotiation strategies to ensure long-term protection of value, establishment of effective control mechanisms and appropriate risk allocation between
- Assessed potential market value for a portfolio of 450 aircraft refuelers leased to former aviation customers via a competitive bid process. Prepared comparison report determining feasibility and value
of retaining or outsourcing in-house aviation business unit.
Global Upstream Financial Forecasting, Analysis & Reporting (San Ramon, California)
- Analyzed and reported financial and operating results for the Canada business unit.
- Designed and implemented a balance sheet variance analysis tool by country.
- Developed a consolidated global upstream income statement that combined international, Canadian and U.S. business units.
M.B.A., M.E.M., Northwestern University (Finance, Marketing, Innovation and Design), 2010
B.S., Rice University (Chemistry and Economics), 2001
Downstream & Chemicals Comptroller's Department (San Ramon, California)
Operating Expense Analyst
- Managed the Downstream & Chemicals sections of the Annual Report Supplement and coordinated across all levels of the organization to prepare narrative and data for external publication.
- Integrated work and materials from six groups to prepare monthly performance package for the executive vice president.
Chevron Deepwater Exploration & Projects (Houston, Texas)
General & Administrative Analyst
- Provided General and Administrative (G&A) variance commentary and presented monthly Cost Management Report to leadership team.
- Facilitated the annual G&A planning process through ten departments.
Tengizchevroil (Atyrau, Kazakhstan)
Internal Controls Analyst
- Coordinated annual Risk Assessment and Compliance Representation process through nine departments.
- Managed revision of company policies and implemented updates on new governance website.
- Completed special projects for finance general manager and general director.
Treasury: Corporate Financing and Strategy (San Ramon, California)
- Analyzed financing alternatives for Muni Bond issuance.
- Revised surplus cash portfolio guidelines.
- Prepared weekly treasury dashboard and commentary for distribution to executive committee and finance managers.
M.B.A., The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania (Management), 2011
B.S.E., Duke University (Biomedical Engineering), 2006
Chevron Global Upstream and Gas (Caracas, Venezuela)
- Assisted in preparation of the monthly management reports for monthly and quarterly closes.
- Led the annual budgeting process, allocating costs based on information gathered from profit centers.
- Supported the business planning process by providing analysis relative to strategic financial variables.
- Facilitated process for streamlining profit center financial statement reporting for monthly close analysis.
Downstream Americas Products Financial Reporting & Analysis (San Ramon, California)
- Analyzed actual vs. planned financial variances and assisted in providing commentary for leadership reports.
- Wrote initial draft of Americas Products section for the 2012 Annual Report.
- Collaborated with Supply Bucket analyst and accountants in Financial Shared Services to prepare presentation for finance management on renewable fuel requirement earnings impact and accounting procedures.
- Worked with Supply Bucket analysts to decompose earnings within Fuels Supply area.
- Reconciled differences between financial and managerial reporting in the Trading channel.
M.B.A., Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University (Finance, Management and Strategy, and Social Enterprise), 2011
A.B., Harvard University (Chemistry), 2005
Richmond Refinery (Richmond, California)
- Assisted in annual business planning process.
- Reviewed and analyzed refinery profit variances during the monthly close.
- Conducted review of profit improvement process to identify options for amendments and cost savings.
Upstream Financial Forecast, Analysis and Reporting (San Ramon, California)
- Coordinated year-end reporting of acreage and environmental protection expenditures.
- Conducted monthly profit variance analysis for Upstream Europe.
- Consolidated and analyzed cash flow.
- Modeled gas cash flow and earnings in multiple price and production scenarios.
- Analyzed Chevron's natural gas business, historical gas variance analysis and sensitivity analysis.
Corporate Strategic Planning (San Ramon, California)
- Conducted deep dive analysis to develop a perspective on a competitor's strategies, strengths, vulnerabilities, likely next moves and their implications for Chevron.
- Updated competitor data profiles and contributed to Monthly Competitor Insights newsletters.