chevron in United Kingdom
Chevron occupies an important place in the United Kingdom's energy market, covering a broad spectrum of operations — from finding and extracting oil and gas to refinery operations to selling refined products.
who we hire
Chevron values integrity, trust, diversity and ingenuity as a company and in our employees. In the United Kingdom, Chevron hires full-time employees with education and experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Earth science (geology, geophysics, drilling)
- Engineering (petroleum, completion, drilling, facilities, process, reliability)
- Operations and maintenance
- Human resources
- Finance and accounting
- Health, environment and safety
- Sales and marketing
developing the Alder field
See some of the innovative solutions our engineers will use to move the project from design to production.
U.K. internships may available for current university students. When you participate, you'll:
- Gain hands-on experience by participating in live projects.
- Explore skills under the supervision and guidance of experienced professionals.
Use our internship program as a gateway to explore job opportunities with Chevron after graduation.
We offer a limited number of internship positions in our Aberdeen Office aimed at Engineering students. These positions will be advertised through the University Placement Office. Internships will be advertised through the Univeristy Careers office in late February/ March for summer placements.
"On my first international assignment, I learned the power of branding and marketing on a global scale in a real life example - not simply as a case study in school."
Chevron Upstream Europe (based in Aberdeen) provides graduate opportunities in the areas of drilling and completions engineering, subsea engineering, process engineering, mechanical engineering, petroleum engineering, geology and geophysics.
Graduate opportunities are also available in the Aberdeen office of the Energy Technology Company (ETC) which complements existing major technology centers operated by ETC in the United States and Australia. The centers provide research, development and technical support to Chevron's upstream, downstream, global gas and emerging energy businesses around the world.
compensation and benefits
Chevron's compensation and benefits programs are designed to be competitive within local labor markets and to meet the needs of employees living in the United Kingdom. Programs include the following:
- Competitive base pay
- Share incentive plan that is open to all Chevron UK Limited employees
- Annual incentive awards when the company meets its established goals
- Private medical insurance for employees and their dependents
- Final salary pension plan that only requires you to contribute 2.5 percent of your pensionable pay
- Optional childcare vouchers. These vouchers are an extremely tax efficient method of paying for all forms of registered childcare
- Employee discounts which translate into savings and discounts at over 1500 shops and stores, including many leading high street brands
- Plans that support your continuing developments, such Chevron’s educational assistance plan and mentoring programs
- Compressed workweek schedules and flextime options
- Access to counseling services and treatment facilities through Employee Assistance and WorkLife Services
- Programs to help you balance your work and personal schedule
- Maternity and paternity leave and benefits
- Adoption benefits
- Fitness centers, fitness membership partnerships, and fitness incentive programs (varies by location)
- Recognition and service awards programs to recognize outstanding performance