Work/Life at Chevron
Chevron is committed to the health and well-being of its employees, both at the workplace and away from the workplace. Here are some of the ways we help our employees manage work/life balance:
Time Away From Work
- From two to six weeks of paid vacation each year, depending on length of service with the company. Experienced hires may be eligible for enhanced vacation time.
- Ten paid holidays are scheduled each year and vary based on location, work schedule and local custom.
- Paid and unpaid leaves of absence.
- Flexible schedules, such as flex time, job sharing, part-time hours and compressed workweeks (such as the 9/80 work schedule) are available in many work locations.
- The Employee Assistance and WorkLife Services program provides confidential counseling services to help employees and family members resolve a broad range of personal, family and work-related concerns.
- Health and wellness resources and programs are available to help employees and their family receive the care needed to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
- On-site health and fitness centers are available at many of our major locations (some of which are open to family members and retirees) as well as a variety of health-oriented programs and services such as personal training, massage therapy and group exercise classes. In some locations without health and fitness centers, we provide employee discounts through an external national fitness club partnership program.
- The reimbursement of reasonable expenses for the care of dependents is available for business travelers (includes child care and elder care) when you travel for work.
- Chevron reimburses up to $5,000 for eligible adoption-related expenses for each child you adopt.
- Long-Term Care Insurance coverage and Group Auto and Home Insurance coverage is available for purchase through convenient payroll deductions. Home insurance coverage also includes identity theft insurance.
- Chevron pays a portion of the costs toward a Medela breast pump to encourage mothers returning to Chevron to continue nursing. Mother's rooms are available at many of Chevron's worksites to provide working moms with a quiet, private place to express milk.
- Private counseling sessions and on-site workshops are available to Chevron dependents who are juniors or seniors in high school through College Coach, a service that assists Chevron families with the college application process as well as strategies for saving for college.
- Chevron provides several scholarship programs to sons and daughters of employees around the world who plan to further their education after high school. In addition, Chevron funds scholarships for graduating high school students through the National Merit and National Achievement organizations.
- Emergency (back-up) child care is available to employees in downtown Houston and in San Ramon, when the child's primary caregiver is unavailable.