Chevron land professionals manage the company's land assets for exploration and production operations around the world.
who we hire
We're looking for talented candidates with the following skills:
- Negotiation ability/persuasiveness - establish relationships with landowners and other company land professionals to obtain leases/other agreements/chain of title documents
- Planning and organizing - develop courses of action for project teams to ensure work efficiencies
- Teamwork - thrive in a team environment
- Communication - ability to express thoughts effectively, both orally and in writing
- Contract interpretation/drafting/problem solving - review contracts submitted by third parties and accept/reject based on Chevron's best interests, draft contracts with business objectives acceptable to third parties, review complicated title opinions and chain of title documents and determine required actions
Candidates should have a bachelor's degree or higher with a major or emphasis in law, energy management, petroleum land management, or various business disciplines.
"There was the thrill of getting to type in the words, 'billion dollars' on a contract I was responsible for."
Senior Land Representative
what you'll do
Professionals in Chevron's land business unit do the following:
- Negotiate, draft and provide advice on various agreements related to oil and gas exploration and production
- Participate with engineers and geologists in making strategic business decisions related to oil and gas exploration and production
- Provide business advice to multidisciplinary teams on issues such as negotiations, contract obligations and valuation issues
- Interact with federal and state agencies on oil and gas regulatory issues
- Provide support and analysis including litigation matters and lease maintenance review
- Manage land, lease and contract data requiring use of specialized software
- Negotiate and deal with partners and landowners
- Provide land information to internal customers
- Establish and maintain critical information relative to Chevron's producing property assets
- Generate payments and invoices for lease rental, minimum royalty, and shut-in royalty obligations