IT is fundamental to our success. Our IT organization delivers solutions to complex business problems for our rapidly changing global industry. As a result, a career in information technology at Chevron offers an exciting opportunity to be innovative and champion the adoption of emerging technologies.
who we hire
Chevron IT professionals specialize in a variety of disciplines. Chevron IT professional teams:
- Have a passion to enable our business through IT solutions
- Demonstrate core high performance behaviors
- Thrive in a highly collaborative, project-based environment
- Desire to be challenged by diverse assignments in various parts of the business
- Tackle complex business problems and reach creative yet practical solutions
- Ready to work with some of the best and brightest people in locations around the world using leading edge technology to explore and develop energy
We are looking for candidates with bachelor's, master's and doctoral degrees.
- Computer science
- Computer engineering
- Electrical engineering
- Information assurance
- Management information systems
- Petroleum engineering
- Earth science
- Computation & applied mathematics
jessica, cyber threat intelligence analyst
Jessica works to protect the information and technology assets in every single country where Chevron does business.
what you'll do
As a Chevron IT professional, you’ll have the opportunity to design, build, implement and support solutions to enable our core business needs. As you help move us forward in these areas, you’ll be supported by a high performance, agile culture that makes a priority of employee safety, operational excellence, cultural diversity, skills development, ethical standards, social responsibility and environmental protection — and fostering the growth of every individual employee. IT talent is critical across Chevron operations, including:
- Energy technology
- Exploration and production
- Natural gas
- Refining, marketing and trading
- Transportation and shipping
You’ll develop and operate Azure-based applications following Dev/Ops principles and methodologies.
information & analytics
You’ll optimize salt drilling performance for a deepwater exploration unit by applying data science to the drilling parameters.
You’ll be part of a team that designs, implements and secures the technology needed to enable our core business. You may also provide support to ensure optimal utilization of our general and high-performance computing systems. And, you’ll work with other team members to identify and leverage emerging technologies to support business value.
Chevron’s business performance enabled through digital platforms:
- Data science
- Artificial intelligence / machine learning
- Industrial internet of things
- High performance computing
- Robotic process automation
- Cloud computing
- Additive manufacturing
- Robotics (e.g. UAS, ROV) and wearables
- Augmented / virtual reality
- Social media / digital marketing
"People here recognize me as an individual who is contributing to our shared success."
Functional Consultant/ Design Architect