business & commercial MBA program
Chevron's business and commercial MBA program attracts MBA graduates from top-tier universities who are enthusiastic about professional development and aspire to work in a quickly changing and challenging industry.
The two-year program offers the opportunity to broaden critical skills, receive mentoring from senior managers and expand your knowledge of our global businesses.
After completing the program's four six-month rotations, you will have gained experience and connections that can keep you in high demand across all our business units. Accelerate your career at Chevron by joining the business and commercial development program.
who we hire
- Interested in a career that will require geographical flexibility
- Show demonstrated creativity, initiative, adaptability and collaboration skills
- Understand the importance and demonstrate diversity awareness
- Achieve superior results using sound analytical processes
- Possess solid business acumen and technical skills
- Exhibit leadership potential and maturity
- Have a minimum of three years’ work experience between undergraduate and graduate studies
full-time program recruiting model
The following summarizes the recruiting model used for hiring full-time business and commercial MBA program members:
- Hire MBA interns via an intensive behavioral and case interview, allowing Chevron and the candidate the opportunity to get to know each other (the internship serves us as an extended interview)
- Make full-time program offers on the basis of the performance and behaviors observed during the summer internship
- Recruit for full-time program members in the Fall recruiting season
We are looking for talented MBA students with the following credentials:
- Have an MBA degree and 3-5 years of work experience between undergraduate and graduate studies
- Geographically flexible and can relocate to complete assignments across the enterprise
- Have a strong desire to explore a variety of business areas
- Show demonstrated leadership, creativity, initiative, adaptability and diversity awareness
- Results-driven, strategic thinkers with proven financial acumen
- Exhibit sound analytical skills and quickly achieve results
- Thrive in a flexible, collaborative, team-based work environment
- Develop creative and innovative solutions to complex business outcomes
- Aspire to become senior-level managers and have strong leadership and interpersonal skills
*Chevron regrets it is unable to sponsor employment visas or consider individuals on time-limited visa status for positions within the program.
what you'll do
The 10-to-12 week business and commercial MBA internship is designed to increase the intern’s commercial skills while learning about the enterprise and experiencing Chevron’s unique and collaborative culture. Typically, internship assignments are project-oriented. They are challenging and rewarding – just like assignments in the full-time program. The internship assignment will be in the Upstream, Midstream, Downstream or corporate segments of the enterprise. Offers into our full-time program are made at the close of the internship.
The business and commercial MBA program is a challenging two-year program consisting of four six-month rotational assignments. The program is designed to develop an enterprise–wide pipeline of future business leaders by increasing the participant's commercial skills while providing a wide variety of opportunities throughout the enterprise: Upstream, Midstream, Downstream and corporate. Assignments may be in the following business functions:
- Strategy, planning and business analysis
- Supply chain / Value chain optimization
- Business development
- Asset commercialization
- Decision analysis
- Hydrocarbon scheduling and logistics
- Hydrocarbon trading analytics
- Marketing and sales
what to expect
During the summer internship, you'll have opportunities to interact with senior management, current program members and alumni. You will tour our facilities, attend presentations about the company and connect with other Chevron professionals. Successful summer interns are often the first to receive offers to join our two-year business and commercial MBA program.