finance MBA development program
Since 1946, Chevron's Finance MBA Development Program has successfully helped alumni accelerate their careers and advance to senior-level management positions. You'll gain practical and relevant work experience needed to develop into a future leader in Finance as well as our company.
who we hire
We look for the best in the finance field and recruit from the top schools.
- Have a passion for finance and analytics
- Possess strong leadership and communication skills
- Aspire to become a senior-level manager
- Thrive in a high-performance culture
- Can grasp complex business problems and formulate creative, yet practical solutions
- Are flexible and can move among different assignments and locations within and outside the U.S.
- Possess a long-term view of career development and advancement
- Have an MBA degree in finance with three to six years of pre-MBA work experience
Previous finance and industry experience is valuable but not required.
what you'll do
Your first two years at Chevron will be spent in four rotational assignments, each lasting approximately six months. There is no pre-established sequence of assignments. Instead, your path will be designed to broaden your skills and interests as well as reflect Chevron's business needs and your development areas. Your program manager - a Finance MBA program alum - will provide regular guidance.
Assignments could be in the following business areas:
- Financial reporting and analysis
- Financial and competitor analysis
- Accounting policy and external reporting
- Financing and strategy
- Cash management
- Credits and receivables management
- Benefit plan investments
upstream & gas
- Financial forecast, analysis and reporting
- Strategic business unit financial support
- Financial support and compliance
- Strategic and business planning
downstream & chemicals
- Management reporting
- Financial analysis
other corporate departments
- Corporate strategic planning
- Mergers and acquisitions
where you'll work
While on the program, your rotational assignments will be varied. Working in different areas will enrich your experience and help you better understand the global scope of our company. Assignment locations may include:
- San Francisco Bay Area, California
- Houston, Texas
- El Segundo, California
- Pascagoula, Mississippi
- South Africa
International exposure for future leaders of the company is critical, and you'll likely complete one or more overseas assignments while in the program. If you're interested, you're encouraged to pursue transferring to global locations after you complete the program.
how to apply
Development program positions are generally posted in September. You can browse or search Chevron's open positions to determine if opportunities are currently available in a program of interest to you. To narrow your search, type MBA Development into the Keywords field and/or select the discipline of interest. If there are no results, check back again in the future.
You can also look for us on campus or at one of the professional conferences we attend. Take a look at our Events schedules to find out when we'll be in your area.