finance development program
Chevron’s Finance Development Program offers the opportunity to gain invaluable experience working for a leading global organization. You’ll work on a range of challenging assignments and continue to grow your financial skills and knowledge of the dynamic energy industry.
who we hire
Each year, we select about 12 exceptional people for the Finance Development Program. Half are already working at Chevron. The other half are new graduates, usually with a bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business or economics.
- Have a superior academic record
- Have excellent analytical, communication and interpersonal skills
- Have the ability to interact effectively with employees at all levels and in different functions
- Are flexible and adapt easily to change
what you'll do
Over the course of 18 months, you’ll have three job assignments so you’ll have a chance to gain experience in several areas at Chevron. Each assignment will last about six months. You may work in any of the following areas:
- Chevron’s finance shared services center
- Corporate comptroller’s department
- Corporate treasury department
- Global Upstream
- Global Gas
- Global Downstream
- Corporate audit
" I’ve been able to see what it’s like to negotiate multi-million dollar deals - activities I had only read about in school."
A program director coordinates your assignments and training to meet your needs - making sure you gain the experience, knowledge and skills needed for a successful career. Performance feedback is an integral part of this program and all Chevron positions. You’ll meet with your supervisor:
- At the beginning of an assignment to establish your goals and objectives
- Halfway through the assignment to have your informal interim review
- At assignment completion to discuss your progress and identify your future developmental needs
Your program director provides an important link between assignments, making each of your new supervisors aware of the experiences and training that will most benefit you, as well as the skills and knowledge that you’ve already gained.
where you'll work
Assignments are available in the following locations:
- San Ramon, Concord, and Richmond, California
- Southern California
- Houston, Texas
- Maracaibo, Venezuela
- Bangkok, Thailand
- Lagos, Nigeria
- Aberdeen, Scotland
You’ll have opportunities to transfer to global locations when you finish the program.