A Look Inside Our Hiring Process:
Intern and Full-Time Student Positions in the U.S.
Apply through your school.
Chevron recruits interns and full-time university hires by major at select universities and conferences across the U.S.
We attend a variety of campus events like career fairs, info sessions, and student organization activities, primarily between September and November of each year. To find out when we will be at your campus, see our current event calendar (usually updated every August).
If your school is not listed, you still have other ways to connect with us:
- Attend a diversity or technical conference where we are recruiting for your major.
- Attend a career fair at a nearby school where we recruit, if they allow outside students. Please contact that school to obtain information.
- Get referred by a current Chevron employee.
Get ready for the interview.
After the interview registration period closes, you will be notified if you are selected for an interview. Typically, this takes anywhere from two to four weeks, depending on the position and the school.
Most schools have a notification system that will notify you if you were selected or not. However, you should check with the career center at your school for their specific process.
Put your best foot forward.
Your first interview would typically be conducted on campus.
- Bring examples. Many Chevron managers use what are called "behavioral" questions. They will ask you for examples in your past experience where you have had to handle various situations. Keep your answers as specific and results–oriented as you can.
- Ask questions. Don't forget, this is your chance to learn about us, too. It's in everyone's best interest to make sure you are the best candidate for the job.
Welcome to the Chevron team.
As a new employee, there's much to learn and experience. The Chevron Onboarding Program is there for you throughout your first year with the tools and resources you'll need as you embark upon your journey at Chevron.