champion the adoption
of emerging tech
deliver innovative solutions to complex business problems for our rapidly changing global industry.
SAP Hybris Software Engineer
Demonstrate core high performance behaviors – thrive in a highly collaborative, project-based environment, and tackle complex business problems to reach creative, yet practical solutions.
SAP Hybris Software Engineer
The Chevron Business Support Center (BASSC) located in Buenos Aires (Puerto Madero), Argentina, is accepting online applications for the position SAP Hybris Software Engineer. Successful candidates will join the ERP team which is part of a successful multifunction service center with a workforce of more than 700 employees delivering business services and solutions across the globe.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Uses computer science engineering principles and software languages to design and develop complex software solutions specifically with the use of SAP Hybris and Java
- Actively participates in an agile DevOps team and performs the coding, automated testing, documentation (via wikis, READMEs, and code comments) and configuration changes to build, run, and maintain solutions using modern patterns, technology standards and best practices.
- Interest in and ability to learn new technologies and techniques. Puts learning into action by modernizing applications through re-platforming, re-architecting, re-engineering, and automation.
- May help troubleshoot incidents to identify root causes and solutions, resolve problems, design, and implement configuration changes and monitor performance.
- Monitors interfaces/data loads, administer security, and provide feedback/solutions on application performance.
- Identifies areas for improvement through understanding of technical and business requirements. Partner with the platform and the business to address tactical and strategic issues.
- Has in-depth knowledges and experience working on SAP Hybris products and functionalities for B2B and B2C.
- Proficiency in developing and maintaining e-commerce/web platforms
- SAP Certified Development Professional: SAP Commerce Cloud preferred
- Understanding of customer service center business processes and technologies preferred
- Must be a self-starter, can adapt to the use of new technology, able to multi-task, and able to work independently.
- Knowledge of security/access control, scalability, high availability, concurrency, online diagnoses, deployment, upgrade/migration, internationalization, production support and other SaaS enterprise software issues.
- Has a keen eye for good architecture and the ability to develop new architecture and frameworks
- Must have a disciplined, methodical, minimalist approach to designing and constructing layered software components that can be embedded within larger frameworks or applications
- Proven ability to build and enable strong relationships with various people in the organization which includes management, peers, vendors and stakeholders across disciplines, geographies and time zones.
Relocation will not be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
hear from our people
At chevron, our greatest resource is our people. their ingenuity, creativity and collaboration have met the complex challenges of energy’s past. together, we’ll take on the future.
Health and dental care coverage
Retirement savings plans
Education assistance support
Paid vacations and holidays
Compressed work week schedules and flex time options
Recognition and service award programs
- At Chevron, every day is an opportunity for all of us to continue working towards our collective vision: to be the global energy company most admired for its people, partnership and performance.
- To achieve our vision, we’ve built our company’s foundation on a set of values that guides our employees in the way we interact with each other and the communities and environments we work in.
- Chevron offers a truly global and collaborative work experience. See what types of complex problems our employees are solving with cutting edge technology and innovative thinking.
the story behind the
human energy company
Our strategies guide our actions to deliver industry leading results.
life at chevron
We invest in, develop and empower our highly competent workforce.
power human progress
Tackle global, real world problems facing humanity as we know it.
work at chevron
We learn from and respect the cultures in which we operate. We have an inclusive work experience that values uniqueness and diversity.
diversity and inclusion
let our job matcher find
the right role for you
we’re proudly recognized as a preferred employer
Human Rights Campaign -
2022 - Rated 100%
For the 15th consecutive year, Chevron achieved a rating of 100 percent on the Human Rights Campaign Equality Index, which ranks U.S. companies committed to lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender equality in the workforce.
2022 best place to work for
The American Association of People with Disabilities and Disability : IN have recognized Chevron with a 100% rating on the 2022 Disability Equality Index, maintaining our top score for the third year in a row.
National Society of
Black Engineers - 2019
Honored as one of 12 organizations that made a positive impact by investing more than $100,000 in Black/African American communities.
Forbes and Statista named Chevron to the 2019 list of America’s Best Employers for Women.