champion the adoption
of emerging tech
deliver innovative solutions to complex business problems for our rapidly changing global industry.
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Demonstrate core high performance behaviors – thrive in a highly collaborative, project-based environment, and tackle complex business problems to reach creative, yet practical solutions.
Buenos Aires, Argentina
The Chevron Business Support Center (BASSC), located in Buenos Aires (Puerto Madero), Argentina, is accepting online applications for the position of Software Engineer. Successful candidates will join the IT Company which is part of a successful multifunction service center with a workforce of more than 1000 employees delivering business services and solutions across the globe.
This position plays an active role in the software development lifecycle , optimizing evergreen support (through configuration, automation, and integration) and supporting in-house developed applications.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Functions and responsibilities include debugging and fixing issues by applying basic programming concepts & patterns, applying in-depth knowledge of business domain to improve business workflows, and collaborating with business partners to identify, prioritize and implement application enhancements
- Builds and supports low code solutions
- Manages and automates application testing suites
- Participates in deploying software across different environments using standard software engineering and Devops practices.
- Self-starter, curious about technology, able to multi-task, able to work independently, communicate well, and have a passion for solving complex business IT problems
- Strong communication (written/verbal) and facilitation skills with solid ability to convey business and technical information to a diverse audience
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with ability to engage difficulties with persistence
- Hands on experience developing and supporting solutions using Microsoft technologies (.Net, Power Platform, SQL Server)
- Experience working in an agile team (Scrum / Kanban) is considered a plus
- Experience / knowledge in developing and documenting functional specifications
- Experience / knowledge with testing methodologies and tools
- Ability to constructively manage issues, conflicts and problems in a prompt, direct and objective manner.
- Organized and skilled at planning. Ability to work from a high-level to a low level of detail and handle multiple assignments with varying priorities and deadlines.
- Demonstrated leadership skills especially in leading small projects with a cross-functional team
- Familiarity with information risk management requirements and processes
- Familiarity with integration technologies and patterns (API, Messaging, Data Integration) is considered a plus
Relocation will not be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Default Terms and Conditions
We respect the privacy of candidates for employment. This Privacy Notice sets forth how we will use the information we obtain when you apply for a position through this career site. If you do not consent to the terms of this Privacy Notice, please do not submit information to us.
Please access the Global Application Statements, select the country where you are applying for employment, then acknowledge that you have read and agree to the country specific statement by checking the box below.
- BA IT Analyst Referrals Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires F.D., Argentina
- SAP ABAP Software Engineer Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires F.D., Argentina
- Devops Engineer Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires F.D., Argentina
- Mobile Software Engineer Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires F.D., Argentina
- SAP S4/HANA Enterprise Asset Management & Intelligent Asset Management Functional Analyst Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires F.D., Argentina
hear from our people
At chevron, our greatest resource is our people. their ingenuity, creativity and collaboration have met the complex challenges of energy’s past. together, we’ll take on the future.
Health and dental care coverage
Retirement savings plans
Education assistance support
Paid vacations and holidays
Compressed work week schedules and flex time options
Recognition and service award programs
- At Chevron, every day is an opportunity for all of us to continue working towards our collective vision: to be the global energy company most admired for its people, partnership and performance.
- To achieve our vision, we’ve built our company’s foundation on a set of values that guides our employees in the way we interact with each other and the communities and environments we work in.
- Chevron offers a truly global and collaborative work experience. See what types of complex problems our employees are solving with cutting edge technology and innovative thinking.
the story behind the
human energy company
life at chevron
Our strategies guide our actions to deliver industry leading results.
life at chevron
We invest in, develop and empower our highly competent workforce.
Tackle global, real world problems facing humanity as we know it.
diversity and inclusion
We learn from and respect the cultures in which we operate. We have an inclusive work experience that values uniqueness and diversity.
diversity and inclusion
let our job matcher find
the right role for you
we’re proudly recognized as a preferred employer
Human Rights Campaign -
2022 - Rated 100%
For the 15th consecutive year, Chevron achieved a rating of 100 percent on the Human Rights Campaign Equality Index, which ranks U.S. companies committed to lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender equality in the workforce.
2023 best place to work for
The American Association of People with Disabilities and Disability : IN have recognized Chevron with a 100% rating on the 2023 Disability Equality Index, maintaining our top score for the fourth year in a row.
National Society of
Black Engineers - 2019
Honored as one of 12 organizations that made a positive impact by investing more than $100,000 in Black/African American communities.
Forbes and Statista named Chevron to the 2019 list of America’s Best Employers for Women.