Instrumentation, Electrical & Power Technician A
Carlsbad, New Mexico
This position will assume the responsibility of maintaining and repairing pneumatic, electrical, electronic, and related equipment. Provides knowledge and expertise in electrical systems/instrumentation as well as power generation and distribution, including inspection, troubleshooting, and repair.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
• Actively support Health, Environment, and Safety processes by accomplishing daily activities within applicable regulations and policies, carrying out duties in an environmentally conscious manner, following safe operating practices as described in the MCBU Safe Practices Manual, maintaining a safe working environment, and being prepared to respond to an environmental or safety event.
• Perform highly skilled installation, commissioning, inspection, calibration, troubleshooting, repair, and maintenance of electrical, electronic, instrumentation, and related equipment.
• Calibrate and modify Human Machine Interfaces, Programmable Logic Controllers, and radio communication systems (SCADA).
• Partner with other employees, and contractors to ensure all electronic, instrumentation, and related equipment is operating at peak efficiency.
• Utilize Computerized Maintenance Management System to create work orders for inventory and work planning, and prioritization.
• Interpret drawings and specifications, and coordinate with engineers to prepare change orders and implement design changes.
• Assure all work performed adheres to Chevron's Operational Excellence standards and regulatory requirements.
• Other duties as assigned.
• 6 months of current oil and gas or related experience.
• Demonstrated commitment to Chevron Way Values.
• Ability and willingness to work rotating on-call shifts, weekends, and holidays of assigned work schedule and overtime based on workload.
• Must live within 50 miles of the workplace or be willing to relocate and possess a valid driver's license.
• Ability to successfully complete a post-offer/pre-placement drug and alcohol screening, background check, physical and functional capacity examination, as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process.
• Associates of Applied Science or higher degree or Military Occupation Specialty (MOS) in Instrumentation and Control, Electrical, Electronics, or related technology.
• Minimum of 2 years of current instrumentation and control experience in oil and gas or related petrochemical industries.
• Broad knowledge of electronic, instrumentation, and related equipment, including but not limited to process indicators, electronic process control, SCADA, transmitters, calibration procedures - process and equipment, calculations, technical drawings, loop schematics and control diagrams, and gas monitors, capable of building and troubleshooting PLC logic and control. General familiarity with DCS systems.
• Ability to safely and competently assist field electricians when necessary or in an emergency situation with Low/Medium/High voltage switchgear and Motor Control Center (MCC) sections. (i.e. 480, 4160, 25,000 volt).
• Electrical Journeyman license as required for posting state.
• General understanding of motor controls, transformers, lightning arrestors, grounding, emergency systems, test equipment and procedures, cable terminations, heat trace, and lighting.
• Proficiency in SCADA, PLCs, Various IO Driver Programs, and Structured Query Language.
• Basic knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.), CMMS, and an aptitude for learning new software packages.
• Capable of simultaneously performing multiple tasks with limited supervision.
• Ability to work effectively and cooperatively with a diverse team of coworkers, contractors, and internal and external customers.
• Ability to manage time effectively, and work with minimal supervision.
Relocation may be considered within Chevron's parameters.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breast-feeding and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability (including medical condition), military or veteran status, political preference, marital status, citizenship, genetic information or other status protected by law or regulation.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
the story behind the
human energy company
Our strategies guide our actions to deliver industry leading results.
life at chevron
We invest in, develop and empower our highly competent workforce.
power human progress
Tackle global, real world problems facing humanity as we know it.
work at chevron
We learn from and respect the cultures in which we operate. We have an inclusive work experience that values uniqueness and diversity.
diversity and inclusion