Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Compliance Analyst located in London, UK through July 6, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
For additional information on this position, please contact Ben McCorry via Linkedin athttps://www.linkedin.com/in/ben-mccorry-2079a58b/.
High level overview:
The Corporate Compliance Analyst position focuses on ensuring adherence with company policy and procedures as they relate to compliance subjects that fall under the Chief Compliance Officer’s (CCO) functional responsibility. Subjects include; Conflict of Interest, Sensitive Transactions: Anticorruption Laws, International Trade & U.S. Antiboycott Laws and Regulations, Competition Law, Reporting & Investigations, and Due Diligence. The selected individual will be expected to clearly and effectively interpret, communicate, guide, and where appropriate, influence business units on a wide variety of transactions or dealings that trigger compliance requirements. The position is expected to develop a deep understanding of the business unit’s activities. The position requires strong written and verbal communication skills, analytical capabilities, good judgment in identifying issues and elevating as may be necessary, a willingness to learn new compliance procedures, and to be a leader in advocating for compliance.
Dutch language skills would be a considerable advantage.
Responsibilities for this position may not include but are not limited to:
• Serve as primary point of contact for supported business personnel needing guidance on compliance requirements.
• Collaborate with the Regional Compliance Manager to establish and help deploy appropriate compliance procedures.
• Supports Regional Manager in assessing and analyzing the compliance environment, identifying issues, making recommendations on corrective actions and ensuring those actions are implemented on a timely basis
• Maintain collaborative relationships with Procurement to ensure appropriate due diligence and Compliance requirements are incorporated into Supply Chain processes and procedures.
• Coordinates and assists as necessary regarding all required reporting requirements for local, regional or corporate compliance. This includes appropriate planning, communication, follow-up, issue escalation, and quality review. In addition, position will be responsible for progress reporting, time management, organization of training/review sessions, and providing training to the key business stakeholders. Keeps abreast of changes in Compliance related activities.
• Develop and prepare performance metric reports to monitor the effectiveness of the sensitive transactions.
• Conduct training as required. Attend quarterly Compliance Conference Calls and participates in Sharing Forums.
• Undergraduate Degree in Accountancy, Business, or Law
• Experience in a similar capacity or in a professional services audit or consultancy environment (i.e. Big 4).
• Compliance experience. Working knowledge of Anticorruption Laws, International Trade & U.S. Antiboycott Laws and Regulations, Competition Law and Due Diligence process. Demonstrated ability to interpret and apply concepts and controls to business transactions. Able to understand, assess, proactively identify issues and provide timely counsel to business partners.
• Ability to effectively interact and clearly communicate with people (at all levels of management) about requirements and processes. Has the ability to synthesize complex topics and present them to the audience at the appropriate level. Listens actively to ensure understanding and to build commitment to achieve results.
• Experience delivering training and-or presentations to large groups and demonstrated active engagement in discussions in a meeting setting. Gain the cooperation of others through persuasive communication. Provide management with concise, clear summaries of status and key issues.
• Ability to work collaboratively in a multi-discipline team environment and with a wide variety of people. Must be able to maintain/develop effective relationships with peers, other departments and functions. Drive positive and productive team dynamics with diverse colleagues.
• Demonstrated ability to take initiative, shares ideas and volunteers for responsibilities to ensure team success. Develops and shares best practices. Demonstrated persistence in driving progress on department initiatives and consistently seeking to broaden the scope of the role and to improve processes.
• This position may require flexible work hours to communicate with personnel in supported business units in a variety of time zones.
Relocation will not be considered within Chevron parameters.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Workplace Inclusion & Diversity
Chevron seeks to attract and develop the brightest minds to support, advance and enable best practices, innovation and evolving the energy landscape.
Chevron is striving to be an employer of choice and leader for an inclusive and diverse workplace where we are actively supporting the promotion of equality for all employees at all levels
Chevron is working to close any gender gap where it may exist; equal pay or enabling a representative and meritocratic progression to careers and reaching senior roles across the organisation
Chevron is focused on growing a culture where people with disabilities can excel through support in role and long-term career opportunities including workplace adjustments.
Chevron considers itself a learning and flexible employer and want to support everyone to bring their best self to every day
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, political preference, marital status, citizenship, genetic information or other status protected by law or regulation.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please email us at EuropeHRSSRecruitment@Chevron.com.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
No related jobs.
view all of our available opportunities
the story behind the
human energy company
Our strategies guide our actions to deliver industry leading results.
life at chevron
We invest in, develop and empower our highly competent workforce.
power human progress
Tackle global, real world problems facing humanity as we know it.
work at chevron
We learn from and respect the cultures in which we operate. We have an inclusive work experience that values uniqueness and diversity.
diversity and inclusion