operations & maintenance
be on the front lines of tackling today’s energy challenges
use your knowledge and skills to help create energy solutions that forge new paths
Demonstrate core high performance behaviors – thrive in a result driven, safety focused environment, and contribute to our commitment to protecting the environment.
- Team player
At Chevron, every day is an opportunity for all of us to continue working towards our collective vision: to be the global energy company most admired for its people, partnership and performance.
To achieve our vision, we’ve built our company’s foundation on a set of values that guides our employees in the way we interact with each other and the communities and environments we work in.
Chevron offers a truly global and collaborative work experience. See what types of complex problems our employees are solving with cutting-edge technology and innovative thinking.
hear from our people
At chevron, our greatest resource is our people. their ingenuity, creativity and collaboration have met the complex challenges of energy’s past. together, we’ll take on the future.
Yep, we’ve got the same benefits all those fancy office jobs have. And more. When you have everything you need, you can go a lot further than you’d ever expect.
Medical and dental
Specialized training programs
Recognition and service
Total Number of Openings1Chevron Renewable Energies Group is accepting online applications for the position of Biodiesel Operator near Newton, Iowa, US.
This position assists in manufacturing biodiesel. Requires flexibility in job responsibilities to support various aspects of operations. All technicians are expected to be able to perform all job tasks.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Support our vision zero policy to eliminate any recordable incidents or injuries
- Safety, loss control & environmental responsibilities include:
- Utilizing the proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to accomplish the job tasks
- Being aware and making management aware of potentially hazardous conditions
- Locating and correcting noticeable odors, leaks or visible emissions
- Prepare equipment for mechanical repairs, clear, lockout/tagout and assist with repairs as needed
- Manage hazardous waste
- Follow all safety guidelines regulated by REG, OSHA, or other regulatory agencies
- Learn and assist with general facility maintenance and housekeeping, including equipment inspection and monitoring throughout the facility
- Maintain clean work environment in all areas of the process
Biodiesel System Operations
- Follow standard safety, operational, and quality procedures
- Assist in load out and receiving functions, which include preparing trucks and rail cars for shipment and loading products (oils and fats, process ingredients, and process chemicals)
- Learn to manufacture and load specialty oil products and properly document work completed
- Monitor operating equipment (pumps, valves, pressure/temperature readings, fans and chemical treatment systems) designed to control the variables of the water treatment systems
- Assist with weekly and monthly inspections of the rotating equipment and safety equipment such as fire monitors, fire extinguishers and hoses
- Keep an open line of communication between inside and outside operating personnel and report all abnormalities
- Operate forklift and rail equipment
- Learn how to read drawings and piping & instrumentation diagrams (P&ID).
- Learn to operate the biodiesel master control system. This includes operations of the main master control, process production system, along with recording data and generating system reports on a timely basis
- Perform minor mechanical repairs
- Learn to perform various quality control functions for: oil, biodiesel, glycerin, recovered fatty acid, and water
- Perform visual inspection of all types of inventory and measuring physical inventory on a periodic basis, which may involve working at heights
- Operation of lab equipment to ensure sample quality
High school diploma or equivalent.
General knowledge of computers, basic mechanical and electrical skills, and attention to detail.
Valid Driver's license.
6-12 months general work experience preferred. Previous chemical processing or related experience preferred.
Relocation benefits won't be considered.
International assignments won't be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, reproductive health decision-making, military or veteran status, political preference, marital status, citizenship, genetic information or other characteristics protected by applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please email us at email@example.com.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Default Terms and Conditions
We respect the privacy of candidates for employment. This Privacy Notice sets forth how we will use the information we obtain when you apply for a position through this career site. If you do not consent to the terms of this Privacy Notice, please do not submit information to us.
Please access the Global Application Statements, select the country where you are applying for employment, then acknowledge that you have read and agree to the country specific statement by checking the box below.
jobs for you
Do you have any jobs saved yet? Start looking now! Once you've found one you're interested in, click the save this job button or icon. You can find them on the search results or job description pages.
Recently viewed jobs will appear here once you have visited a job description page.
No jobs nearby.
view all available opportunities
that’s not all there’s more to our story
life at chevron
Our strategies guide our actions to deliver industry leading results.
life at chevron
We invest in, develop and empower our highly competent workforce.
Tackle global, real world problems facing humanity as we know it.
diversity and inclusion
We learn from and respect the cultures in which we operate. We have an inclusive work experience that values uniqueness and diversity.
diversity and inclusion