champion the adoption
of emerging tech
deliver innovative solutions to complex business problems for our rapidly changing global industry.
IT Site Lead - Application Engineer
Demonstrate core high performance behaviors – thrive in a highly collaborative, project-based environment, and tackle complex business problems to reach creative, yet practical solutions.
IT Site Lead - Application Engineer
The IT Site Lead / Application Engineer is responsible for local site leadership for all matters concerning IT in Oronite Japan (COJL). The scope includes the Blending Plant & Technology Center in Omaezaki and the Sales Office in Tokyo. He will be responsible for daily IT Operations in the site, act as the POC for the different ITFP Platforms to assist in coordination of various projects. He will be the escalation point for users' IT related concerns and ensure that MSPs are able to provide IT support to the site.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Focus on operational performance, prioritizing IT site requests and representing new site capability requests working with platform teams
- Manage MSP on provision of deskside, server and other IT infrastructure support needed for day-to-day operations.
- Monitors MSP SLA and performance.
- Manage the IT strategy and portfolio for the company to ensure delivery of those needs through platform or co-located teams.
- Influence a cross platform co-located team to ensure the operational needs of the site are met and deliver business and operational value
- Work with Regional Site Managers to manage local IT budget and ensure alignment on regional priorities and strategic directions.
- Represent IT in the local leadership team in COJL
- Provides daily operational support for applications by troubleshooting incidents to identify root causes and solutions, identifying and resolving problems, designing and implementing configuration changes and monitoring performance.
- Assists platforms with implementation of new IT initiatives in COJL, coordinating and leading activities such as User Testing and Training.
- Proactive communication and quick response to production issues and project work. Strong customer focus.
- Maintains IP Compliance on systems and software as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or another relevant field
- At least 10 years’ relevant experience in a manufacturing environment with an MNC
- At least 3 years’ experience as an IT team lead or manager
- Must be proficient in English and Japanese
- Must have effective communication skills, strong sense of responsibility, open mind and a team player
- Prior work experience in SAP will be advantageous
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
hear from our people
At chevron, our greatest resource is our people. their ingenuity, creativity and collaboration have met the complex challenges of energy’s past. together, we’ll take on the future.
Health and dental care coverage
Retirement savings plans
Education assistance support
Paid vacations and holidays
Compressed work week schedules and flex time options
Recognition and service award programs
- At Chevron, every day is an opportunity for all of us to continue working towards our collective vision: to be the global energy company most admired for its people, partnership and performance.
- To achieve our vision, we’ve built our company’s foundation on a set of values that guides our employees in the way we interact with each other and the communities and environments we work in.
- Chevron offers a truly global and collaborative work experience. See what types of complex problems our employees are solving with cutting edge technology and innovative thinking.
the story behind the
human energy company
Our strategies guide our actions to deliver industry leading results.
life at chevron
We invest in, develop and empower our highly competent workforce.
power human progress
Tackle global, real world problems facing humanity as we know it.
work at chevron
We learn from and respect the cultures in which we operate. We have an inclusive work experience that values uniqueness and diversity.
diversity and inclusion
let our job matcher find
the right role for you
we’re proudly recognized as a preferred employer
Human Rights Campaign -
2022 - Rated 100%
For the 15th consecutive year, Chevron achieved a rating of 100 percent on the Human Rights Campaign Equality Index, which ranks U.S. companies committed to lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender equality in the workforce.
2022 best place to work for
The American Association of People with Disabilities and Disability : IN have recognized Chevron with a 100% rating on the 2022 Disability Equality Index, maintaining our top score for the third year in a row.
National Society of
Black Engineers - 2019
Honored as one of 12 organizations that made a positive impact by investing more than $100,000 in Black/African American communities.
Forbes and Statista named Chevron to the 2019 list of America’s Best Employers for Women.