research and development engineering
Chevron research and development engineers work across all disciplines to discover cleaner, smarter ways to power the world. We provide an unrivaled opportunity to create the future of energy in a dynamic, collaborative environment.
chevron energy technology company
Engineers at Chevron Energy Technology Company (ETC) work in teams to develop technology products and technical services in reservoir management, earth science, drilling, production engineering and facilities engineering. ETC business lines are focused on the following:
- Drilling and production systems - work includes drilling solutions, floating production and drilling systems, marine services, subsea production systems, deepwater pipelines, flow assurance, and production optimization
- Reservoir performance optimization - work includes oil recovery, reservoir modeling, subsurface project and reservoir management, intelligent completions, reservoir surveillance and data integration
- Subsurface characterization - work includes deploying seismic processing and analysis capabilities to determine reservoir properties from seismic imaging; high-fidelity seismic imaging; accurate and repeatable reservoir mapping through integrated stratigraphy; structure, seismic, geostatistics and formation evaluation; and using information technology to lower costs and increase automation
yuguang, research engineer
Yuguang models fundamental recovery mechanisms and develops simulation modeling and capabilities to provide recovery forecasting to Chevron business units.
Chemical engineers at Chevron Oronite develop and optimize chemical processes for the manufacture of lubricant oil additives. Responsibilities include:
- Batch processing and scale-up of chemical reactions from laboratory and plant facilities to commercial scale units
- In-depth studies on chemical kinetics
- Development of literature, patent surveys and comprehensive research reports
"I feel proud to work for a company that helps raise the standard of living for people everywhere."