Chevron procurement team helps maximize how Chevron does business by assisting business units in identifying quality suppliers, negotiating lower cost contracts, and managing supplier relationships to optimize supply chain efficiency.
"Throughout my career, I’ve been given opportunities to try new things and learn entirely different realms of the business. I never would have thought that I would be in global procurement after starting at Chevron in retail marketing."
Midstream Procurement General Manager
Chevron category managers do the following:
- Manage the operating company or enterprise-wide category procurement process for assigned commodities or services, including: global market research, price/cost analysis and industry trends
- Establish procurement strategies for assigned commodities
- Implement corporate-wide procurement strategies and the subsequent delivery of significant savings to the company
- Act as an internal change agent through fact and knowledge-based influencing
- Review purchasing strategies with general managers of procurement to ensure coordinated category/service category management and to maximize Chevron's buying power across all operating companies and business units
project procurement representative (PPR)
Project procurement representatives do the following:
- Manage company or enterprisewide capital projects and procurement services in conjunction with Chevron project team members and provide guidance and participation at contractors' offices
- Prepare procurement strategies and execution plans and oversee the full array of materials management and procurement functions of purchasing, expediting, inspection, and traffic and logistics
- Be accountable for using Chevron preferred suppliers
- Act as an internal change agent through fact-based influencing and review procurement plans with the procurement coordinator or general manager to maximize supply leverage