finance & commercial MBA program
75 years of creating leaders in chevron
Chevron’s Finance & Commercial MBA Program (FCMP) has been a primary source of senior leadership since the program’s inception in 1946. As a member of the FCMP, you will be joining a select community with strong support and commitment from our Program alumni and leaders. With the FCMP, you will be exposed to all aspects of the business, make a direct and meaningful impact on the organizations where you work, and interact with the highest levels of management.
program alumni – CEOs, CFOs, and VPs
Alumni have gone on to become Chief Executive Officer, Chief Financial Officer, Executive Vice President, and Treasurer, as well as hold other senior management positions.
who we hire
We look for the best – people who are action-oriented and results-driven. They should also aspire to be senior-level leaders, have a passion for solving problems, thrive in a competitive marketplace, and think with a global mindset.
- Outstanding leadership potential, communication skills, and maturity
- Passion for the energy industry
- Strong analytical skills and business acumen
- Solid grasp of finance/accounting principles
- Geographical mobility
- Flexibility and desire to explore a variety of businesses
- 3+ years pre-MBA work experience
- Permanent U.S. work authorization required
what you'll do
The FCMP is a two-year program, consisting of four six-month rotations across a variety of Finance and Business & Commercial assignments. Exciting international assignments are also available during the two-year program. There is no pre-established sequence of assignments. Instead, your path will be designed to broaden your skills and interests. Your Program Manager – an FCMP alum – will guide you through these two years on the program. Upon completing the program, members roll off into a variety of Finance and Business & Commercial roles across the company.
Rotational assignments could be in the following business areas:
- Corporate Treasury
- Corporate Controllers
- Upstream Finance
- Downstream & Chemicals Finance
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Investor Relations
- Strategy & Sustainability
- Asset Commercialization
- Business Development
- Decision Analysis
- Hydrocarbon Scheduling & Logistics
- Hydrocarbon Trading Analytics
- Marketing & Sales
- Strategy, Planning, & Business Analytics
The FCMP Summer Internship is an introduction and a key entry point to our two-year rotational program and is structured to allow interns to experience what the full-time program has to offer. The internship will be spent in one assignment over 10-12 weeks at our corporate headquarters in San Ramon, CA (the San Francisco Bay Area) or Houston, Texas. Throughout the summer, interns will have the opportunity to attend training, social events, and networking opportunities with program members, alumni, and senior Chevron leaders including our CEO, CFO, and other business leaders.
where you'll work
- Summer internships are located in San Ramon, California or Houston, Texas.
- San Francisco Bay Area, California (headquarters)
- Houston, Texas, El Segundo, California, or Pascagoula, Mississippi
- Non-U.S. sites in countries such as: Australia, Kazakhstan, Thailand, Singapore, UK, and Nigeria
after the program
The program end is just the beginning of your career at Chevron. After completing the program, you will have knowledge and skills that are in high demand throughout the company. Your future assignments will be shaped by your interests, performance and development areas, as well as Chevron’s evolving business needs. A personnel development committee comprised of Chevron’s top executives and managers will review and assess your continued career development. With these key decision makers watching your progress, you won’t be lost in the crowd.