Chevron earth science internships offer the opportunity to work collaboratively with a team to discover new energy reserves. You'll focus on a specific producing field or exploration project, so the results of your work may have an immediate impact. Along the way, you'll have a chance to evaluate Chevron as a potential employer, while we learn more about your abilities.
who we hire
We're seeking students who are working toward a master's or doctorate degree in geology, geophysics, geological engineering or another related field. U.S. citizenship or permanent resident status is not required. Although most of our internships are offered during the summer, we also host interns throughout the year.
what you'll do
As a Chevron earth science intern, you'll experience firsthand how Chevron's skilled and dedicated professionals work together to succeed. You'll gain new technical skills and experience by:
- Obtaining, interpreting and applying geological and geophysical data
- Learning how our business operates in oil field and exploration endeavors
- Sharpening your computer skills with the latest workstation hardware and interpretive software
where you'll work
Chevron's earth scientists work at locations across the U.S. and around the world. Internships are hosted in the U.S. at the following locations:
- Anchorage, Alaska
- Bakersfield and San Ramon, California
- Evanston, Wyoming
- Houston and Midland, Texas
- New Orleans and Lafayette, Louisiana