Chevron's land internships are 10- to 12-week summer internship programs where you'll learn the important role that land asset management plays in Chevron's exploration and production operations. You'll assist in negotiating deals and trades with other companies and individuals, draft and manage agreements, ensure Chevron's compliance with governmental regulations, and manage information related to our asset interests.
who we hire
Internships are available for outstanding university students working toward a bachelor's degree in one of the following:
- Energy management
- Energy commerce
- Petroleum land management
- International or general business
Students pursuing a master's degree in business administration or a law degree are also invited to apply.
what you'll do
As a Land intern, you'll have the opportunity to gain valuable real-life work experience while working within an exploration or asset team. You’ll also have the chance to work on real-world projects with significant business impact. During your internship, you’ll:
- Gain a better understanding of the upstream oil and gas business
- Learn more about our people and culture
- Be placed with a mentor
- Get hands-on experience
- Learn about the importance of a land professional's role in our exploration and production activities
- Have an opportunity to present your work experience to senior management at the end of the intern assignment
Summer interns earn competitive wages and are given serious consideration for fulltime positions with Chevron upon graduation.