we invite you to join the chevron alumni network.
As we continue to adapt to our changing environment, the alumni website will keep you connected with our corporate activities, your colleagues and our vision for the future.
why are you interested in me, you ask?
As a former Chevron family member, we value your experience, skills and knowledge, and always want to keep the door open to you.
the alumni newsletter
Monthly updates about the program and related initiatives.
access to new opportunities
Get information for open direct hire or contract assignments.
direct hire and contract eligibility requirements
HR Policy 305 – Services of Former Employees allows Chevron to comply with guidance from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). Policy 305 applies to employees who are on the U.S. payroll or who participate in the U.S. retirement plans, or both. Employees outside of the U.S. should seek guidance from local HR (Once contacted by the project manager or hiring manager). Former employees, regardless of pay scale group, must meet the following criteria before they may be rehired as employees or contractors:
- All employees must be separated from the company for at least six months.
- Once rehired, an employee’s work schedule must be less than 50 percent of the average time worked over the 36-month period prior to separation. For example, if an employee worked full time for the 36 months prior to his or her separation from service, he or she may work part time (less than 50 percent) upon rehire. Exceptions to this rule may apply under the following circumstances:
- If an employee does not take a distribution from the Chevron Retirement Plan, he or she may be rehired on a full-time basis after six months.
- If an employee takes a distribution from the Chevron Retirement Plan, he or she may be rehired on a full-time basis after three years.
- Should a suitable contracting opportunity arise, you will be contacted by the project manager or hiring manager. At the time you are selected for a specific assignment, you will be contracted through one of the program's designated third-party employment agencies. The third-party agency will handle the administrative aspects of contracting for you.
Read stories about fellow alumni and their new assignments.
the latest chevron stories
let’s connect. join the chevron alumni network.
Are you interested in joining the community and learning more about the program…if so, join the network here.